Sunday 1 November 2015

October 2015 Mileage


Biggest event during October was an episode of food poisoning which took me off the bike for a week and knocked back the intensity of training when back in the saddle.

Sometimes these events just arrive unexpectedly and the advice always is - total rest.  I monitor my resting heart rate and during the week it rose from 58bpm to 66bpm (+13% rise), which just demonstrates what your body is going through when fighting infection.

Anyhow, I was glad to get clear of it and get back to the training plan which continues to be focused on losing weight, whilst maintaining muscle mass.  The good news for October was I hit my target weight of 82.5kg (13 stones in old money), from my start point of 95.2kg (15 stones) exactly on plan.  I've got a blog coming in on how I was able to achieve that shortly.

During the food poisoning, I dropped down to 80kg with all the fluid loss and appetite supression, but soon started putting it back on again when eating normally.  With the forthcoming trip to Tenerife and climbs of Mt. Teide, I'm in the shape that I wanted to be in to hopefully give it a good crack.

All in all, with all the indoor training on the Wattbike it promises to be a record year in the saddle with having already passed my best annual mileage log yet of 4,128 in 2014.  All being well, with a good training block in Tenerife and continuing discipline it should create a good foundation for 2016.

Month  to Date

Mileage- 674miles/1,079km (+209% vs. PY)
Ride Time - 36hrs 42mins 
Ascent - 10,141ft
Avg. Speed - 18.4mph/29.4km/h
Avg. HR - 132bpm 

Wattbike Miles-350
Road Miles -324

Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) - 31 (Flat) 

Year to Date

Mileage- 4,308 miles/6,893km (+37% vs. PY)
Ride Time - 238rs 21mins 
Ascent - 90,341ft (-42% vs PY)
Avg. Speed - 18.1mph (+9.6% vs. PY)
Avg. HR - 136bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment