Saturday 3 November 2012

October Ride Stats


October was a total write off for me on the bike.  Likely my lowest mileage month - ever!

I caught one of those horrible chesty colds which seemed to linger and linger, started as a throat infection then moved down to my chest over a period of three weeks.  I just couldn't shift it, had time off work, doses of vitamins - everything.  Pleased to say I've now shifted it.

Advice is always to lay off the bike when you're not well, your heart is already under pressure fighting infection, so it doesn't need additional stress.  I only got back in the saddle for a couple of short rides on the last weekend of the month, taking it very easy.

When you are off the bike for a few weeks, it's amazing how quickly your fitness drops.  My last couple of rides I've ridden in specific heart rates zones to gently ease back in and I could see my heart rate was elevated because my average speed was a lot slower than normal in my training zone.

It's important not to go full throttle into it post-illness, just build up steadily again and your fitness soon returns.  Returning from my first three hour ride of the new month, I felt considerably better, so that can only mean it's back to normal from here on.



Month to Date
Mileage- 61 miles (yes you did read this right).
Ride Time - 3hrs 54mins
Climbing - 1,693 ft
Avg. Speed - 15.8 mph
Avg. HR - Not recorded
Avg. Cadence - 81rpm
Calories (estimate) - 2,203
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -27.8

YTD
Mileage- 3,004 miles
Ride Time -200hrs 46mins
Climbing - 78,837 ft
Avg. Speed - 14.7 mph
Avg. HR - 140bpm
Avg. Cadence - 82rpm
Calories (estimate) 114,799
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -   26.4

No comments:

Post a Comment