Sunday 29 May 2011

This is why we do it....


Riding the Fred Whitton a couple of Sunday's back, I stopped the bike to take in the scenery.  It was absolutely stunning.  Yes, the weather was awful, but all that did was change the perspective of the view. It reminded me of one of the key benefits of cycling in that you can cover a lot of ground and see places, that you might not normally see. 

I stopped again today and just absorbed a view in the country lanes.  There was only me, the bike and the elements.  Watching this movie from Rapha yesterday, which captures the essence of you vs. the elements, today's wind was more of a challenge than an hinderance.  Bring it on.


Rapha Continental – The Movie from RAPHA on Vimeo.

Since the Fred Whitton, I've not done much on the bike.  Not intentionally, just how things have fallen, so I was itching to get out today.  First ten miles, I took it easy to get warmed up but after that, the pedals turned really easily.  Rolling home, fifty miles in the bag, it felt good to be out.  Planning another fifty in the morning.

Talking of Rapha.  I tried out my new Rapha overshoes today.  I keep buying cheap ones from Wiggle and they fall apart, so thought I'd push the boat out recently with a little assistance from Andy Tennant to get some (plus some bib shorts).  Let's see how long they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment